The facility use policy is for members and regular attenders.
Outside organizations can request facility use as well and may be subject to applicable fees.
This policy will outline who may use the facility, rules for use of the facility, and fees and deposits for building use. Background information and references beyond that described in this policy may be requested if needed. Use of the church facility shall always be scheduled with the Administration and Serve Minister.
NOTE: This policy does not cover the use of the facility for weddings. Please refer to the Wedding Policies and Guidelines for use of the church for weddings and wedding receptions.
Jersey Church (the church) welcomes the use of its facilities by church members and regular attendees who support the mission of the congregation...Caring for people and connecting them to Christ.
The following policy guidelines are set forth for building and facilities usage:
- Who may use the Church (in order of priority):
- Jersey Church Worship Services, Grow Groups, RD Groups, and/or other church activities and events that promote our mission and strategy will have top priority in scheduling - including groups and/or individuals that come as invited guests of the church (evangelists, guest speakers, Christian musicians, etc.).
- Jersey members and regular attendees in good standing and in agreement with the church’s Mission, Constitution and By-laws, Membership Agreement, and Policies; may utilize a room in the Shalom Center for private events, based on availability after completing the necessary paperwork.
- Who may not use the Church:
- Church Members and Regular Attendees may not reserve space at the church for selling items, promoting their business, or for gatherings for purposes that are in conflict with the mission, values, and doctrines of Jersey Church.
- The church is not available for private events after 3PM on Saturday until Noon on Sunday.
NOTE: Scheduled ministry meetings, ministry activities, and ministry events by the church will take precedence over all other requests.
As a rule, facilities may not be reserved more than 60 days in advance.
- Procedures and Guidelines for Scheduling Facilities:
- Members and Regular Attendees wishing to use church facilities should contact the Administration and Serve Minister to request space use at
- Depending on the nature of the event, Members and Regular Attendees may be assigned a host/hostess for the event. (See host/hostess duties and related fees)
- The Administration and Serve Minister will approve requests for building use.
- Children are not to be left alone or allowed to roam the building. Children must remain under adult supervision.
- Smoking, Alcoholic beverages and non-prescriptive drugs are prohibited in the building.
- Due to potential staining of carpet, no red or dark-colored drinks are to be served within the church buildings. Coffee, tea, and light-colored beverages are permitted.
- Playing of music with offensive or profane language is prohibited anywhere on the church campus.
- The Administration Minister or his designee must approve all decorations in advance. Exits must be free of decorations due to fire regulations. No screws, tacks, wire, tape, pushpins, or nails shall be used on the wall, furniture, or pews. No pictures may be hung on the walls, and no statues may be erected. It is the responsibility of those reserving the building to remove all decorations, personal property, food, beverages, trash, and any other items that are not the property of Jersey. Items must be removed the day of the activity.
- Use of Equipment:
- Members and Regular Attendees using the facility may use tables, chairs, and lecterns, as their set-up requires.
- Members and Regular Attendees may utilize the Shalom Kitchen, including all supplies and utensils, however, we do ask that all items be washed and returned to their proper storage place when finished.
- Any use of church-owned audio-visual equipment in the rooms/venues with AV requires an advance meeting with the Technology Director.
- No furniture (tables, chairs, etc.) or equipment belonging to the Church may be loaned or removed from the building except for official Church functions without prior written approval by the Administration and Serve Minister.
- For Members and Regular Attendees, there is no charge for the use of the Shalom Center, unless additional services are requested.
Church Council, or those they authorize, have authority to prohibit acts or omissions, including but not limited to:
- permitting any Church assets or property, whether real property, personal property, intangible property, or any property or asset of any kind that is subject to the direction or control of Jersey Church, to be used in any manner that would be—or, in the sole determination of Church Council could be perceived by any person to be— inconsistent with our mission, values and/or doctrines.
- permitting any Church facilities to be used by any person, organization, corporation, or group that would or might use such facilities to convey, intentionally or by implication, what might be perceived as a favorable impression about any definition inconsistent with our mission, values and/or doctrines.
Please fill out the form below to request use of the Shalom Center or Park Shelter House.
Classrooms, the large meeting area, and kitchen use in our Shalom Center are available for use. The facility may not be reserved for selling items, promoting a business, or for gatherings for purposes that are in conflict with the mission, values, and doctrines of Jersey Church. Background information and references beyond that described in this policy may be requested if needed.
-Showers and Parties for church members and regular attenders will be held in the Shalom Center based on availability.
-The inside facility is not available for events after 3PM on Saturday until Noon on Sunday.
-The facility is not available for events after 8PM.
-The Thanksgiving holiday weekend and December - facility use is reserved for ministry related activities ONLY.
There is no cost for church members to reserve use of the Shalom Center or Jersey Park Shelter House.
A custodial fee may be applied to requests from outside organizations and individuals who do not attend Jersey Church.